It’s important to keep your identity from being stolen by someone who can potentially harm your good name and financial well-being. Identity theft occurs when someone uses your name, address, Social Security Number, credit card or financial account numbers, passwords and other personal information without your knowledge to commit fraud or other crimes. While the words may sound like a foreign language — Phishing, Pharming, Vishing, Spyware, Dumpster Diving — they are actually techniques used by thieves to put your identity and finances at risk. And their attacks grow more frequent and sophisticated every year. Identity theft is the fastest growing crime in the United States. According to the US Department of Justice statistics, it’s now passing drug trafficking as the number one crime in America.
• Phishing – the attempt to acquire sensitive information by masquerading as a trustworthy entity in an email
• Pharming – cyber-attack intended to redirect a website’s traffic to another, fake site.
• Vishing – using the telephone in an attempt to scam the user into surrendering private information that will be used for identity theft
• Spyware – software that enables a user to obtain covert information about another’s computer activities by transmitting data covertly from their hard drive
• Dumpster Diving – sifting through waste to obtain items that have been discarded by their owner containing sensitive information that will be used for identity theft
Call us immediately at 888-210-2028 if you believe that your All America Bank® account has been compromised or you feel you need to consider additional authentication options.
To learn more about business identity theft and corporate account takeover by click here.
©Copyright 2016 All America Bank® All Rights Reserved • Member FDIC • Equal Housing Lender • NMLS# 1286989